(Music / Dance / Theater) Workshop:
3 to 3 & 1/2 hours - This is your chance to experience Broadway with the pro's at the top.
Learn, work and sharpen your skills in a creative and fun environment.
If you ever wanted to be on a Broadway stage, now is your chance to
perform and pick the brains of the people who are doing it! Taught by
Tony Nominee and star of Legally Blonde, Laura Bell Bundy (Hairspray,
Wicked) and Paul Canaan (Legally Blonde, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, La
Cage Aux Follies, Miss Saigon, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Miss Saigon).
- Introduction to Laura and Paul
- A brief history of Musical Theater from it's beginnings till now
- We then divide into 2 groups of 20 in separate studios which
rotate after 1 hour
- Warm up and learn a dance combination from Legally Blonde with
- Participate in acting exercises and scene work with Laura Bell
- Groups come back together & perform for each other
- Question and answer with Laura and Paul
2 & 1/2 hours - This is for serious students pursuing a career in musical
theater. Our goal
is to provide a safe and comfortable work space to explore technique and polish
audition skills. We ask that a student either prepare a scene, monologue or 32 bars of music
to perform. We offer constructive criticism and work one on one to help each
audition reach it's full potential.Q & A and discuss having a career in the arts and being their best in this competitive field.
The Biz of the Biz
2 hours - Everything you need to know about the business that nobody tells you. A career in professional theater can be both challenging and rewarding. Performers who hone their craft, prepare themselves, and know how to survive in this business will rise to the top.
Discussion based, those attending would be wise to take notes.
- Preparation: get your act together. What to train for and how to prepare yourself before you jump on a plane.
- Once you're in New York: Auditions, agents, classes, training, networking, finding a survival job, head shots, resumes, apartment searching, marketing yourself, casting directors, contracts, unions, trade papers, and other resources.
- Pick our brains about any and everything you want to know about our careers, what it's like to work and not work as a performer.